Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Creatively Me

Leaf Love Creation

I’ve previously told you about my love for nature’s beauty and inspiration, not to mention my addiction for collecting it too!  Well thank you to Kirstin of Craftiments for inspiring me with her leaf art...
I’ve decided to create one of my own.  I just couldn’t resist collecting leaves with all the beautiful shapes and colors in the trees around me.  I mean, look at these beauties!
So I took a nice collection then dried and pressed them in a book.  I read somewhere that they needed to dry for at least one week, but I patiently waited for two to be safe.
Now I pulled out one of my many “fabulous finds” as I call them, in this case I will use a cabinet door someone gave me.
Luckily, this crafty butterfly always has some Modge Podge on hand for these kinds of crafts.  So I pulled out the trusty bottle and a paint brush.
Away I went, adhering the leaves to the wood with some Modge Podge.  Then I added another thin layer of Modge Podge on top of the leaves.
With every leaf I added, I began to love this project more and more…


So with all the leaves added and the top coat dry, it was time to work on that center section now surrounded by nature’s beauty!  First I added a dash of color in true artistic fashion, blending two colors that relate to that of the leaves of autumn.
  Of course I love, love, LOVE inspirational quotes and sayings, so now to find one that brings this piece together and has some special meaning to me.  Add my favorite metallic paint pens in the mix and ....

I’m so in love with the outcome of this project!  It’s already got me thinking what else I could add some of those leftover leaves to.  This Butterfly is off to create some more, catch you next time…Thanks again for stopping by!
Yours Truly,
Heather Joy


Button pic 9
homework

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't be shy, drop this butterfly a line!