Thursday, November 29, 2012

Creatively Me

Time Out For Drawing 

I know it’s only Wednesday night, but it sure feels like it’s been a long week.  I’ve been helping my best friends pack moving boxes as they are getting ready to move next week.  As sad as it makes me that they’re moving, at least it won’t be too far for me to still see them.  So in between packing boxes during the day and chasing my angels around with their therapists in the afternoons, I’ve been drawing again as a way of cheering up my mood.  I pulled out some of my pencil drawings trying to decide what to do, when I came across a sketch of Tigger I did not too long ago.

He’s definitely one of my favorite characters: bouncy, happy, and always brings a smile when I need it.  So I decided to venture into breaking out my newest set of Prismacolor colored pencils and gave Tigger a little life.

I’m really starting to like working more and more with color, even though my first love will always be graphite pencils.  This was just the perfect little time out I needed to unwind a little.  Sometimes all it takes is a little color to bring us back to life…

Yours Truly,

Heather Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't be shy, drop this butterfly a line!