Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Creatively Me



Hand Painted Signs

       Today I’d like to share with you my love for making hand painted signs.  I started this hobby about a year ago and absolutely enjoy it.  At first I wanted to make some for decorating my own walls, but it has blossomed beyond that.  Friends and family complimented on some of the signs, and then a few friends asked if I would consider selling them.  From there I began selling at flea markets and craft fairs.  There is something unique about my signs though. 
I do not use stencils; everything is painted and drawn by hand.  So each sign I make is very unique in that no two signs will be exactly alike.  Also, I absolutely hate to waste things, so I’m always trying to see if I can reuse or re-purpose something before I just get rid of it.  When it comes to the wood I use for my signs it is all re-purposed, recycled or reused.  For instance, a few of my signs were made from disassembling a dresser.  Yes, have a laugh, I actually sat down with my tools and took apart an old dresser a friend got rid of!  It was beautiful wood for making signs, how could I resist?  I’ve also painted cutting boards, cabinet doors and even wood left from a broken drawer.  Here is a picture of some of the signs I’ve made…. 


    
       This hobby is just one of many reasons I started my Facebook page Butterfly Angel Creations.  I wanted a place to share these creations with others.  If you would like to see more of my signs you can visit me on Facebook.  Otherwise I will be adding a page to my blog with some pictures of various creations and artwork I do.  Also I have been designing my own personal website to display my artwork and other creations which will launch in the next few weeks.  I’ll keep you posted, and thanks again for stopping by!

Yours truly,

Heather Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't be shy, drop this butterfly a line!